Cardinal Energy Ltd. (“Cardinal”) respects the privacy and confidentiality of our stakeholders’ personal information. Our policies with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information are reflected in this Statement of Privacy Practices (“Privacy Statement”), which is created to inform you about our privacy practices. This Privacy Statement:
- explains Cardinal’s practices with respect to the collection, use, disclosure and protection of personal information by Cardinal;
- provides information on how to access, correct and update personal information; and
- explains how to contact Cardinal with privacy‐related questions or comments.
What personal information does Cardinal collect?
Cardinal may collect certain personal information about you, either directly or through our partners, affiliates or associates. The personal information may be collected in person, over the telephone, through the mail or over the Internet. The information that we may collect or obtain includes, but may not be limited to:
- your contact information such as your name, address, title, telephone number and email address, and so on;
- information about your transaction history which may include your depositories and beneficiaries;
- medical information, if provided by you for Cardinal’s benefits program; and
- information about land or mineral rights if you are a surface or mineral lease owner;
Why does Cardinal collect and use your personal information?
Cardinal requires personal information about you in order to manage our business and provide services to our customers. We collect personal information only for the following purposes:
- To create and maintain a responsible business relationship with you and provide ongoing service. For example, we may collect and use personal information in order to provide payroll or collect bank account information to ensure timely payments by direct deposit of monies owing to you;
- To maintain our business and operations on your behalf. We need to collect or use personal information to provide settlement reports, or to alert you about environmental incidents in your area;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements. Collecting and using personal information is required for us to meet our contractual obligations to you, or legal and regulatory obligations to others.
When does Cardinal share your personal information with others?
The following are situations where we may share some personal information about you with others:
- Subject to applicable laws, we may disclose your personal information to a government agency, court or law enforcement agency.
- We may disclose your personal information to public authority or, if in our reasonable judgement, it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property that could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information.
- We will disclose necessary personal information to provide insurance coverage for those employees participating in our Group Insurance Benefit Plans.
How does Cardinal protect your personal information?
Cardinal considers personal information provided by you to be private and confidential and accordingly we treat it with care. Cardinal:
- will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified in this Privacy Statement, except with your consent or where permitted by law to do so;
- will protect the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information with reasonable security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information; and
- will keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes identified in this Privacy Statement.
Consent to collection, use and disclosure of personal information
Unless you contact us to advise us otherwise, by receiving this Privacy Statement, you are deemed to acknowledge and agree that you have consented to the collection, use and disclosure practices set out in this Privacy Statement as they relate to your personal information. You may withdraw this consent at any time by advising Cardinal in writing. However, this withdrawal is subject to the terms and conditions of any contractual agreements you have with Cardinal and other legal restrictions.
Accessing, correcting or updating personal information
At any time, you may request that Cardinal correct or update your personal information by advising Cardinal in writing. Cardinal will use reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is accurate and current.
How do I contact Cardinal with respect to questions or complaints regarding my personal information?
If you have any requests, questions or comments about your personal information or this Privacy Statement, you may contact us in one of the following ways:
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cardinal Energy Ltd.
Suite 600, 400 3 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 4H2
Attention: Tonya Nolan
(Please mark envelope CONFIDENTIAL)
Cardinal Energy Ltd. retains the right to amend this Statement from time to time without advanced warning or prior knowledge of the reader.